January 1942 – Ledyard Fire Company #2 was organized.
June 1942 - Gales Ferry Country Club building converted to serve as the fire station.
December 1942 – 500 gallon motorized pumper is purchased.
January 1948 – Fire station destroyed by fire. All equipment lost.
February 1948 – Woman’s Auxiliary organized.
July 1948 – Replacement Maxim 500 gallon fire apparatus purchased.
February 1949 – Construction begins to rebuild fire station on Allyn Lane.
April 1950 – Fire Police organized and recognized by the Town of Ledyard.
May 1959 – Recreation room, kitchen, and Chief’s office added to Allyn Lane station. Mack 500/750 fire engine purchased.
October 1969 – Second Mack 500/750 fire engine purchased.
February 1971 – Fire company changed its name to the Gales Ferry Fire Company.
July 1972 – First career fire fighter hired.
October 1975 – Truck bay added to Allyn Lane fire station to house tanker apparatus.
June 1976 – Rescue squad organized and rescue vehicle acquired.
March 1984 – Allyn Lane fire station second floor gutted by fire.
February 1985 – Ground broke for new fire station on Route 12 on land leased from he Dow Chemical Company for $1 a year.
March 1986 – Fire Company moves into new station on Route 12.
August 1988 – 1959 Mack engine replaced with a Pierce Arrow 1000/1500 engine.
October 1992 – Defibrillator purchased for rescue apparatus.
May 1994 – 1969 Mack engine replaced with a Pierce 500/1500/65 foot Telesqurt quint.
February 1995 – First female fire fighter qualified as a apparatus driver/pump operator.
June 1996 – Rescue team certified as a CT first responder organization (R-1).
June 1999 – Thermal imaging camera, donated by Dow Chemical Company, placed on Ladder 25.
February 2000 – 1978 E-One rescue apparatus replaced with a Marion/Freightliner rescue.
July 2000 – Installed vehicle exhaust extraction system in the fire station.
September 2000 – Purchased second defibrillator using grant received from Prudential Insurance “Helping Hearts Program” and funds raised by the fire company.
December 2000 – Mortgage on new fire station paid off six years early. Fire station hall dedicated in memory of Harry Brousseau.
October 2001 – Rescue team certified to administer epinephrine by auto-injector. The first medication we have been permitted to carry on our apparatus.
March 2002 – Purchased second thermal imager using grant funds received from the State of Connecticut.
June 2002 – Purchased turnout gear washer/extractor, renovated bay washroom and reconditioned the bay floors with a non-slip finish.
August 2002 – Replaced 1980 Saulsbury/GMC tanker with 2003 US Tanker/Freightliner 3000/500 tanker.
December 2002 – Purchased two defibrillators to be carried by duty officers in their personal vehicle to improve the response time for getting this vital lifesaving equipment to our neighbors in need.
2004 – Replaced 1982 GMC 3500 with Engine 22, a 2004 S&S Attack 1 on a Ford F550 Chasis.
2005 – Exterior of the firehouse gets refinished.
2009 - R21 replacement
2013 - Placed R26 into service as pickup truck available for all town emergency services
March 2015 - Rescue Team certified to administer Naloxone (Narcan), Aspirin, and utilize Glucometers.
August 2017- Replaced 1994 Pierce 65' Telesqurt with 2016 Ferrara 107' ladder truck,
October 2020- Replaced front apron with a concrete pad.